Aims, Ethos & Values
Aims and Vision of St Francis of Assisi Church of England Primary School
St Francis of Assisi Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School is part of the Church of England and maintained by Stockton Borough Council. We work in close harmony with St Francis of Assisi Parish Church and York Diocese.
Our Vision and Aims focus on LIGHT as we,
“Live, love and learn together in the light of Christ”
and link with the Church of England’s national vision for ‘Education for life in all its fullness’.
We demonstrate this through:
Love of all
- We love our neighbours; showing friendship towards all. We show dignity and respect towards the beliefs of others and the environment.
- We value everyone as unique individuals and celebrate the diverse nature of our community and the wider world.
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.”
(1 Corinthians 13:4-5)
Ignite the light of Christ around all our children
- We ignite a passion for learning and curiosity to foster life-long learning through providing an excellent broad and balanced education to motivate pupils of all abilities.
- We build opportunities to develop wisdom, knowledge and skills including within local and global communities.
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
God at the centre of everything we do
- We are committed to daily acts of worship and connecting the Christian Values to the whole curriculum and to individuals’ personal spiritual journey.
- We encourage pupils to serve others within and outside our school community.
“In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.”
Hope and Happiness
- We create a safe and secure Christian environment where all may achieve their full potential and feel a sense of pride in their own achievements and the achievements of others.
- We have high hopes and encourage all pupils to aspire to greater heights.
- We foster the confidence for pupils to be determined and persevere in a safe and secure environment.
- We develop and maintain a positive and fulfilling partnership between children, parents, teachers and all others working within and alongside the school.
- We are content and appreciate what we have, and understand how our lives may differ from others.
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
- We encourage honesty and truthfulness across our school community.
- We pursue the truth and develop a sense of purpose throughout our school journey.
“Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”
(1 John 3:18)